I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Damn Flies

I really hate it when they try to crawl into your eyes. I really hate it when they try to fly into your ears. And I really really hate it when they fly into your mouth just as you're taking a breath.

I swallowed at least 2 of the buggers last night, and a third had a lucky escape when I coughed it back out onto my map. Charming. NOT.

It was bloody hot last night too. I took the new CamelBak for its first run, and apart from forgetting to suck the air out after I added 1/2 dozen ice cubes, it went well, and I was glad I had it. Wasn't much of a "run" though, more of a slow jog with lots of walking breaks. 7.35 kms.

3 comments:

qiddas said...

yes. damn those flies. damn those flies to insect hell!!!

dont mind me... im just bloghopping... :)

Louise said...

Part of my lunchtime walk is across a grassy paddock to the local shopping centre. As I was walking across today trying to bat flies away from my mouth, I got to wondering *why* they go for your face anyway. I mean, where I come from, flies feed on dead stuff: roadkill, cowpats, rubbish bins, etc. They generally leave people alone. So what's different about the Aussie fly that it insists on trying to crawl up your nose????

Unknown said...

Same trouble here, only the flies are bigger than anywhere else on planet earth! LL