I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Thursday gym

Fine and sunny on the Trail this morning, although it was foggy when I first stepped outside. 4.7 km. A few hours later I headed into the gym to do my weights program. I did everything, including lots of crunches, and the body didn't complain. I upped the weights on the leg press and bicep curls too (they were a bit light).

Now, on an unrelated topic - remember the guy that broke my heart late last year? Well, I saw him in the supermarket a few weeks ago. The only surprising thing about that is that it hadn't happened sooner - after all, Lilydale only has 3 of them. Anyway, I saw him in the gym this morning. He came in, grunted his way through some bicep curls, then grabbed his cycle helmet and walked out.

So, did he see me and not want to see me? Did he really only come in for a 5 minute workout? What the hell goes on inside a guy's head???? And here I was figuring out how to say a nice breezy no-blame no-committment "hello". Ugh, men!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Am I the only one who sees the Comments page in an Asian language at the moment? Aw well . . . won't be a problem on the new site.

>> Now, on an unrelated topic - remember the guy that broke my heart late last year?
WHAT??!!??! How come I didn't know you were suffering? I miss a few days of log entries here and there. . .

>> Well, I saw him in the supermarket a few weeks ago. The only surprising thing about that is that it hadn't happened sooner - after all, Lilydale only has 3 of them.

Only three guys? That *IS* a small town.

>> Anyway, I saw him in the gym this morning. He came in, grunted his way through some bicep curls, then grabbed his cycle helmet and walked out.

>> So, did he see me and not want to see me? Did he really only come in for a 5 minute workout? What the hell goes on inside a guy's head???? And here I was figuring out how to say a nice breezy no-blame no-committment "hello". Ugh, men!

How big was the gym and were you hidden behind a machine in some way? If so, then yes, it is possible he didn't see you and just popped by to do one set of weights . . . before realising that was the night that his favourite TV program is one and that he really couldn't be bothered. Guys are like that.

Far MORE likely though is that yes, he did see you and didn't want to hang around for an embarrassing conversation.

The most optimisitic reading is that he was having pangs of guilt and thought that he'd nobly leave you to the privacy of your workout. After all, you came there to exercise and not be pestered by ex-boyfriends. Now you'll never see him there again.

That is a reasonably likely scenario.

Less likely is that he arrived and thought "Bloody hell. Can't deal with her crap now." and scurried like a coward.

So there you go. Choose between (a) lack of peripheral vision and lack of time (b) a noble heart or (c) cowardly scum.

Now, if you were the woman I used to know, you SHOULD have gone over and got him in a headlock as he was putting that helmet on and yelled at him "Where do you think you're going?" :-)