I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Sunday, September 25, 2005

ARRRRRGHHOWOWOWOW...

Yeah, I rolled my ankle again. The Left one this time, and I think I did a better job of it this time, even though I stopped running straight away.

For the last few weeks, I've been on Cathy's Trail Running email list. Except their runs are always 30km+ - and I'm not ready for that. But today's one was 10-15km, and close by in Sherbrooke Forest (DRNP), so I decided that it was about time I went.

We left from the top carpark and ran downhill towards Belgrave. Towards the bottom, I tripped on -something- and staggered around trying to keep my balance. I propped myself against a tree and waited for the pain to stop. It didn't. I looked down, and already there was swelling around the top of the shoe. Bugger - well, that's me out for the count. I think around 4 kms at this point, although the Gizmo dropped out in the forest.

What to do... what to do. I was with a small group of Robyn, Cathy, Danny, and a lovely man who's name I've forgotten (someone help me out here?!) who became my guardian angel. He offered to run BACK UPHILL to get his car, and pick me up from the road - which was probably about 500m further downhill. Paul and Peter?? had run back to find us, and everyone walked down with me and waited with me at Micawber's Tavern (unfortunately closed). You guys are all amazing. THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH.

I made it home without any dramas, and minimal (car) gear changes - again thankful that I live in a part of the country with very few intersections! Very sore operating the clutch pedal; and even sorer trying to hobble around on the foot. I spent the next 4 hours on the couch with my foot iced, bandaged, and elevated. (doing the R.I.C.E. thing).

Reading back through my blog for the last time I did this (23 July), I found the email from Whippet Man about Lectric Soda Crystals. I'd completely forgotten. Definitely going to do that again. And that I'd better allow 2 weeks off running - that's going to throw my new-found resolutions out the window. AND... I just realised... my new Linebreak running tights are jinxed. The last time I wore them was last time I tripped. I hadn't worn them since as they needed the waistband taken in (too loose), which I only did last weekend. So today was their second wearing - and the second time I have rolled an ankle in DRNP. And the first time that I HAVEN'T worn the ankle braces in DRNP since last time too. Sigh... hard lessons.



Weekly stats
Weight74.0 kgs ▼
Running11.1 kms
Walking27.8 kms
Cycling8.9 kms

1 comment:

Cirque said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Louise. I hope your ankle heals asap.