I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Friday, September 16, 2005

Found: Chandler Road

Problems getting out of bed this morning - finally rolled myself out just before 7am and stumbled out the door. The Gizmo took a while to wake up too - standing around in my garden blowing foggy breaths while it searched for its satellites. As promised yesterday, I headed along the Warby Trail to find Chandler Road from the other end. The FR came in handy to measure distances (sure beats pace counting!!) - just over 1km from the transmission line to the crossroad. I needn't have bothered - it's signposted! And it was the one I thought it was - a long unmarked dirt road/drive with a letterbox at the end (for the property on the other side of the Trail). 5.7 kms in 58 minutes. I'm getting quicker! Either that, or I'm getting better at avoiding slow wet slippery areas.

Just for fun, here are the week's walks:

red: Tuesday - local streets and playing fields
yellow: Wednesday - west along the steep stuff
blue: Thursday - out and back along Victoria Rd
green: Friday - east along the trail and down Chandler Rd

1 comment:

Cirque said...

Wow, Louise. It looks like you've covered a fair bit of ground there. I hope all this walking helps you get your motivation back.