I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Sunday, February 05, 2006

MTB-O @ Darlimurla (Mirboo North)

The first State Series mountainbike orienteering for the year. Tracks were dry and fast with a mix of forest roads and single track. Did Course 3 (Women's "B") and had a good ride.

Started well, by heading in the wrong direction and finding control #5 before orienting myself correctly and heading off towards #1. No other mishaps, but opted for what was marked as a narrow path across a deep gully which turned out to be better suited to monkeys than bicycles. To get down, I got off and hung on to the seat as I carefully followed the bike down a seriously steep track. Getting up the other side was just as hard, pushing the bike in front of me as I kept skidding on the dirt.

Energy levels were good, and managed to ride fairly strongly around most of the course. Took 5 minutes longer than Peta (who's an excellent orienteer and a pretty hot mountainbiker), so I was feeling pretty pleased with myself, until she told me that her derailleur broke half way around and she finished the course on one gear.

16.6 km in 1:20 travelling time.


Weight71.3 kgs ▼
Walking12.4 kms
Running12.9 kms
Cycling54.3 kms

No comments: