I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Saturday, February 11, 2006

MTB-O @ Emmarolled (Emerald)

Melbourne Summer Series #3 (I didn't go to the first two); this one at Emerald Lake Park and Wright Forest. Picturesque area, and lots of (too many!) faster riders screaming past me on narrow winding tracks. Score event - get as many controls (out of 20) as you can in 75 minutes. Went out fairly hard for the first 20 minutes; made a navigational error, missed control #12, found myself at #8 and couldn't be fagged going back down the steep hill I'd just crawled up just so I could climb up the correct hill. Lost motivation, slowed down, caught my breath, and cruised around all the controls on the way back to the start. Back 20 minutes early, for a 47 minute ride. 9.4 km.

Big crowd (75 riders), including lots of bush orienteers who don't do the State Series MTB events. Scored about mid-way through the field, so a surprising number of riders who are slower than I am. :-)
Wonder where I would have come if I'd been out for the full 75 minutes.



Looks like some weird kind of asian dragon! The start/finish is the left-most (western) point, and I went anti-clockwise round the course.

No comments: