I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Friday, April 08, 2005

Podatrist visit #1

Not quite sure what to make of this. He poked and prodded and measured, and had me walk up and down the corridor a few times, but didn't really seem interested in the running side of it. There was no treadmill in his office (even the Physio had a treadie), and as we all know, running is a very different movement to walking. And he took very little interest in the collection of shoes I brought along to demonstrate wear patterns (again, even the Physio was more interested in my shoes).

I wanted advice on what shoes to buy, and he basically told me what I knew already (stability, motion control, etc) but I've just been through that exercise, and stability shoes throw my feet off the edge of the shoe.

I was a bit disappointed, but will follow through with new orthotics - plaster cast and "full assessment" (whatever that means) next Thursday. Once I've got them, I think it'll be a trip in to Active Feet or somewhere - a shop with running podiatrists in stock.

No comments: