I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Friday, April 29, 2005

TGIF

Mad, mad day at work today. Only one more hour to go, thank god.

Picked up my new orthotics last night - they're a lot higher in the arch than my old ones, and it feels like I have this huge plastic lump under my foot. Oh wait, I do! I've been wearing them all day, and actually, they're okay. Apart from the lump, they're pretty comfortable. I also notice that my feet pronate correctly with these ones, twisting from the outside to the inside the way they're meant to. So looking hopeful. I won't run in them this weekend (short run, maybe walk at Street-O on Saturday, and Puffing Billy on Sunday), but will wear them at work during the week.

Will wait a few weeks before buying a new pair of runners - the VISA needs recovery days too (car service, 4 new tyres, orthotics... all in the last week).

Diet-wise, I'm happy with the way I'm going too. For the last few days, I've been cooking my (homemade, high-gluten) muesli in the mornings, so it turns into a yummy crunchy porridge. I bought some rice porridge yesterday, which I tried this morning (tastes okay), and some plain rice flakes to add to the next batch that I make. Having the cooked porridge instead of the raw muesli seems to fill me up better too, so I'm less hungry during the morning. Lunch has been healthy leftovers, and herb teas and a banana for afternoon snacks. Dinner is never a problem... unless I go home via Red Rooster or the supermarket (chocolate bars in the checkout lane).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bad day at work, Louise? Grrrr!
The weekend will pick up, I forsee it! Hope the new orthotics don't take too long to get used to; wouldn't you think our feet would know how to work properly without any other help!!