I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Bikram's Yoga and Street-O

No sleep-in today - up early and into Richmond for a 10am Bikram's Yoga class. Pretty much exactly how I remember it, although because I'd forgotten bits of the sequence I couldn't really plan ahead - so I was just "living in the moment" exactly the way they tell you to! Only one dizzy bit during Standing Bow, and left hip not playing along during Triangle, otherwise I survived pretty well.

Surprised at how tight my glutes were. I suspect that weird ab strain that I keep talking about is actually a glute strain, because the massage I had a few weeks ago caused it to disappear during that afternoon run. Anyway, before class I stretched it out a bit, and could barely get my knee into my chest. No problem after the class, of course!

Street-O at Cathies Corner (Knox) at 2pm. Legs and head quite happy, although MASSIVE STITCH right across the front of my stomach almost the whole time. Very unpleasant, and did way too much walking - even though the legs wanted to run, the abs wouldn't let me. 8.8 kms for Course A. The Gizmo tells me that I burned 737 calories, which I made up for during nibbles afterwards. :-)

Saturday Street-O is affectionately known as Cake-O, for reasons that are apparent to anyone who stays back afterwards!

No comments: