I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Metr-O @ Kensington Banks

Short course of 6.2 kms on a 1:6000 scale map around the cobbled streets of Kensington. An okay sort of a run - could do better (as my old report cards used to say).

Did a Pump class on Friday night. I'd warned the instructor that I had an injury, and I survived until the second half of the Lunge track (step lunges). The Ab track was almost a complete writeoff, with this sore ab muscle complaining loudly. I hate injuries - especially when I have to miss out on my favourite ab exercises (I love the lower ab work - and HATE crunches!)

Saturday morning saw me back at the gym for a sports massage. My usual masseur is still off work after slicing her hand open with a kitchen knife, so I was tended to by a masseur who also works with Collingwood AFL Club. She told me afterwards that she'd given me the "athletes" workover. Hah. Not feeling very "athletic" at the moment.

On the plus side though - that Ab muscle has quietened down. I can't feel it during the lean-back-on-the-ball test.

Also, over the weekend, I bought a new multi-player, all-singing, all-dancing printer/scanner/copy machine. Didn't really need a new printer (last one was only 5 years old, after all), but eventually bullied the scanner into working with my elderly PC. I now have a digital version of the orienteering map I've been playing with for the last week. So, into OziExplorer, calibrate the .bmp image into a .map image and... oh damn. The OziExplorer version isn't new enough to have the Garmin menu to download from the Forerunner. 4GB is way too big to download over dialup so have to wait until I'm back in the office to burn another DVD. It sure doesn't happen overnight...

But, like my bedroom renovation (now waiting for electrician and builder before I can do anything more), it will happen.

No comments: