I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Metr-O @ Westgate Park

Another icy cold frosty morning that made it much nicer to be in bed than out of it. Got up eventually, loaded up the car and headed into the city.

The day turned into a lovely sunny Sunday morning, and a 6 km run through Westgate Park. Happy with the way I ran, although I lost 5 minutes searching for control #11, which I'd mis-marked on my map. D'oh.

Chatty lunch with the usual group, then headed into Queen Vic market to get smothered by the crowd. Arrgh - I remember why I never do this. Bought a teapot.

Then a Bikram Yoga class in Richmond to iron out all the kinks: my left hip playing silly buggers again (couldn't do the standing head-to-knee), and that ab/glute strain saying hello during the first back bend. Otherwise good - didn't drop out of any of the poses. My 10-day intro pass has now run out, so I have to commit to some more serious money next time I go. But it works. So I'll keep it up.



1 comment:

Carolyne said...

I love maps! Keyhole mightn't be too exciting on this run, but, hey it's still special!

The Bikram sounds really interesting . . . take care of your kinks.