I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Friday, June 03, 2005

Friday drivel

Ignore this - I'm just crapping on about nothing.

I missed my run this morning, because I needed to be at work by 8am for a US client. I didn't run on Tuesday, or the Friday before that, so my mileage for the last few weeks has been right down. I haven't been to the gym for ages either - partly lethargy, partly because of a weird ab strain that I did during Pump class a few weeks ago.

It's right down in the pelvic region. If I lean back on my ball, and tighten the lower abs (to stop me falling off), I can feel it right down in behind the pubic bone on the right-hand side. I don't feel it running, but I notice it when I crouch down on the floor (painting skirting boards) or step up onto a sawhorse (painting cornices). I know - stop painting!! :-)

And you'll notice that I haven't made any pink diet confessions lately either. Well, that's because there'd be too much pink. I'll start with a clean slate this month. It's not that I don't like good food - I do - it's just that I need a wife to cook for me.

Renovating is going swimmingly. The lights that I ordered turned out to be the wrong ones, and the correct ones won't be in until next week. The new electrician wants to charge me twice what the old one (who went off to Queensland) was going to. I need to spend some quality time with a tape measure and some inspiration to decide how I want the new wardrobe, and then get the wardrobe guy in to give me a quote. And I need to paint all the trim. And buy a wall heater. On the plus side, the ceiling and all the walls are done! Until the builder comes back and plasterboards the new walls. More painting. *sigh* But it'll be really really good once it's all finished. Oh, and curtains - might go curtain shopping tomorrow. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I can get curtains to match my feature wall ("plum whip") - I thought I'd have to go plain white, but no, I can coordinate! Now the plum wall is painted, I can see what the colour really looks like.

Massage tomorrow.

Orienteering on Sunday.

Beer and Pizza this afternoon.

Gym tonight.

No comments: