I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Morning walkies...

MON: nah. Enjoyed my sleep in.

TUE: 4.3 kms. Got up within a few minutes of the alarm, but seriously considered not doing so. Did a regular route with the plan to extend it to make up the hour, but my feet were on autopilot and led me home early. Passed under a tree making funny crunching sounds, and saw a small flock of Gang-gang Cockatoos, which I haven't seen in the town before. Completely unfazed by me coming within a few metres of them.

WED: 5.1 kms. Took the camera in the hope of seeing the Gang-gangs again. I did, but also in another smaller tree where they were much more easily photographed:



Seville has a lot of plum trees on the road nature strips. I don't know what variety they are, but they're small and fairly tasteless. The birds love them, and some creative person has decorated a barbed wire fence with them:



THU: 5.0 kms. More Gang-gangs on the other side of town. It must be the same flock because they weren't on their original tree when I went past.



female

No comments: