I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Friday, January 06, 2006

Reps #4

After Wombat's comment last Friday (before Xmas) about going out fast, I decided to add a bit more structure into my only structured run for the week. Ventured into the Training Center Workouts menu and dialed up a workout that sees me do three laps at 5:30, 4:30 and 5:00 pace. Headed off on the first one, and after the Gizmatic kept bleeping at me to speed up and slow down over the first 100m, I relied on the sound of the bleep to stay at the right speed. Didn't work... at one point I looked down and was doing 4:15! Although I don't think it's particularly accurate over such short distances.

lapdistance (m)time (min)pace (/km)
1: "medium"5112:224:39
2: "fast"306*BOMBED OUT*4:28
3: "medium fast"5002:164:32


Bonked on the second lap - just couldn't hold it. Obviously need to work on my pacing...

4.0 km total

No comments: