I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Portsea Twilight

6.75 kms, 42 minutes.

Ran with Courtlylove for most of the way, although she would surge ahead passing people, and I would get stuck behind some slower object. I would catch her on hills and on the sand, she would race away on the downhills and during our final sprint (ha ha) to the finish. Nice to actually run *with* someone, as I normally run alone, even within a big group.



Happy with the way I ran. Only a couple of very short walking breaks, and I did the hills and sand easily. High tide was at 17:30, so by 19:00 we were still on soft sand, although 1000 pairs of feet before me had packed it down nicely at the water's edge.

However, I think there's room for a PB next year. I alternated between feeling held-back and oh-god-I-want-to-stop, and would have liked to crack 40 minutes. Still plenty of gas in the legs - when I put the foot down to pass people, I could surge easily (except for that final mad sprint!); and I was breathing easily the whole way. Average pace 6:19.

Lots of Cool Runners at the run; and Chilliman, the Lost Boys, and I had drinks and fish'n'chips in Sorrento afterwards. Got kicked out of the pub(!)... because Little Lostboy was under-age, NOT because we were misbehaving. Home by the stroke of midnight.

Elevation

Total elevation change: +256m. Interesting to see that we actually went below sea level at one stage. No wonder some runners got wet feet. :-)

Some interesting stats from MB:

TotalAscentDescentFlat
Distance6.752.812.571.36
Time42:4018:4815:488:13
Pace6:196:416:056:02


No comments: