I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Street-O @ Lillydale Lake

Cool evening. Had a good run - but oh, it takes so long for me to warm up. The engine was finally ticking over nicely after about 20 minutes. Gave it a good workout tonight - with my average heartrate at 166 bpm, max 182. Average pace 6:38 (slowly coming down!), although whenever I checked it while I was running, it was always in the 5:15-5:40 range, which is good. The slow spots would have been THREE creek crossings, across wet, slippery rocks (and wet feet), and a nasty overgrown hill toward the end.

Ended up running with Ian all the way around. I'm faster than him, but he's more consistent. When he "disappeared" near that nasty hill, I assumed he was doing Course B and off to get 3 more controls. But apparently he got disoriented and ran up the hill in the wrong direction. So I beat him in. :-)

6.4 kms.

Great to see Tiger Boy and Eat'Em turn up, plus the whole Eat'Em clan - who had obviously been bribed with McDonalds for tea. I hope they all enjoyed themselves.

No comments: