I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Short Cycle and an even Shorter Run

FRI PM: in an attempt to kill the headache, I decided on pizza for dinner. Only my local pizzaria was closed, with the owners off for a month getting married (how inconsiderate!). The next closest was also closed, so ended up in Mooroolbark in a traffic jam, before seeing a "Pizza" sign pointing down a side road. Cardigan Road Pizzas (I think they're called). Delicious, and well worth the 16km drive. And garlic bread, and coke, and chocolate. :-D

SAT: detox day! Fruit for breakfast, green salad for lunch, mixed citrus juice after a nana nap, and leftover pizza at 5pm. Headache has subsided.

Planted some Penstemon cuttings that my grandmother had given me a few weeks ago, and had been quietly wilting in their pots in the 40-degree weather. Cooler today: stormy, occasional rain, muggy, and ~25 degrees.

Went out for a ride after tea - a short out-and-back along the Warburton Trail to Woori Yallock. Still pretty warm and sweaty, but it blew out the cobwebs. 17.3 km.

SUN: it was meant to be a long run. Temperature was in the mid-20s, and the Dandenongs were in the clouds - so about 90% humidity. After about 2kms, sweat was pouring off me, and my legs were empty. So I walked the next 2km (all uphill) and trotted back to the car by the shortest route. Nothing in the tank. 6.4 km.

Saw two lyrebirds, one kangaroo, and one freshwater shrimp(??) waving frantically at me from the path! It was about 5cm from pincer to pincer, and making a very brave attempt to divert me from its patch.


Weight71.4 kgs ▼
Walking21.6 kms
Running25.9 kms
Cycling17.3 kms

2 comments:

Cirque said...

Louise - when the shrimp start waving at you, it's probably a good time to cut out the pizza!
:)

Louise said...

LOL. One of those occasions where I wish I'd taken the camera.