I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Portsea Twilight

Met up with various Cool Runners (Chilliman, Mr & Mrs Lost Boy, CourtlyLove, Eat'Em, Wendy) before the run. Got passed by all of them in the first few minutes, although I kept CL and the Lost Boys in sight for most of the race. I was carrying my little camera and stopped a few times to take a photo. Other than the photo stops, I ran fairly consistently with only one short walking break.

There was a breeze on top of the hill which cooled us off a bit, as well as blowing my cap off. Low tide was (I think) 8:30pm, so we were running on packed sand on the beach.

6.8 km in 42 minutes.

Same time as last year, but it felt easier. As I told someone after the run: I wasn't pushing it and I wasn't struggling.

Fish & Chips at Sorrento afterwards, followed by an ice cream on the way back to the cars. Home after midnight - a 10-hour trip for a 42-minute run... must be mad.





edit: official time 43:01; 907th overall (out of 1175); 119th in F30-39 (out of 174).

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Wow - looks like a beautiful run. I want to do it. The light and clouds in that bottom photo are perfect.