I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Street-O @ Smith's Dell

Zero energy. After plodding to the first two controls, I WALKED almost the entire way (uphill) to control #3. I never really got comfortable until about 20 minutes in and found the whole thing rather hard going.

On the second-to-last leg home, I passed JM who was walking and looking at the map. No offence to J, but that meant I had run really slowly! He passed me after we had both punched the last control, and I let him go... until we got into the park with about 200m to go. I started sprinting, passed him, but then couldn't hang on as he started sprinting too. Dammit!. :-)

Totally buggered.

6.8 km in 6:58/km

And then I had Mr X and his friend K hovering around me afterwards. Peter sent Tina over to "rescue" me and we had a very giggly moment with "the girls" (including Pete!) as I explained what was going on with Mr X. Girls can be so cruel...

Anyway, I went to dinner with Mr X afterwards and shared a pizza at Michelangelos. It was... okay, I suppose, although it was a bit awkward. I'm not the least bit interested in him.

1 comment:

Louise said...

(B) :-)

Oh yes, girls will talk about you in excruciating detail...!