I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Street-O @ Ruffey Lake

Much cooler tonight, thankfully. A cool change came through during the afternoon, and the temperature had dropped to 23°C by 7pm. Went around for a steady walk, enjoying the cooler weather.

6.3 km in 9:21/km

And an "ah hah" moment. I often can't remember a map I've run on previously until I come around a particular corner or into a particular park, and I recognise something. Today's "ah hah" moment came as I left control #12 and looked uphill to where #20 was. Ah, I thought, I know this bloody hill! What is funny though, is that last time I did this map, exactly a year ago - on Thurs Jan 12th, I was wearing my new Nimbus VIIs. Tonight I was wearing my new Nimbus VIIIs.
----
Didn't sleep very well last night (too hot), and dragged myself out of bed this morning for a plod shortly after 7am. 30 degrees already!! 4.4 km.

No comments: