I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Lillydale Lake

Quiz: why does Lillydale Lake have a double-L, when Lilydale suburb only has one?

FRIDAY PM: Pump class. Weird sort of groin strain during the lunges, which really kicked in doing reverse crunches. So sore, I couldn't do them. (The instructor calls out, "come on Lou!" ... I hate it when they know your name). Sore to straighten the leg too, to stretch it out.

Pasta meal at Chirnside Park, takeaway dessert of blueberry pie from Jesters, and a slice of Tim Tam Cheesecake from Gloria Jeans. Mmmmmm. :-)

I could only eat half of it!!

SATURDAY: did a couple of hours of painting in the reno room.

With a Street-O event at Lillydale Lake ("just up the road"), I decided to fit in a bike ride as well. So I hit the Warburton Rail Trail and cycled into Lilydale. About 3 kms from home, my legs were empty. :-| It's all uphill to Mt Evelyn (8 kms), then mostly downhill to Lilydale. 27 kms for the round trip. 50-minutes each way.

Run around the lake and surrounding suburb. I'd decided earlier that I wanted to do Course A (60 minutes) on Saturdays. Well, the legs were still empty as I set off to the first control. Struggled around, and came in after 50 minutes. 7.6 kms.

Completely shattered by the time I finally got home. Finished off the cheesecake, and the last of some rhubarb that I'd cooked up last weekend.

No comments: