I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Street-O @ Balwyn

WEDNESDAY: very ordinary blah sort of a run. 6.9 kms. Bit hilly, and no endurance in the legs (or the rest of me).

Took the new orthotics for their first run. Not very nice. Felt very flat-footed, and I was landing heavily: thwack thwack thwack as I ran. I guess that means I need a less stabilizing shoe with these orthotics - which is what I guessed when I first saw the podiatrist. Not that he knew enough (anything?) about running to be able to advise me. Might be shoe shopping this w/e...

Came home and sulked over this month's RW magazine - sketched out a running plan that would see me doing more of everything. Yeah, right.

2 comments:

Brendan said...

Thwack Thwack Thwack.. I remember my first orthotics.. Then there was Brooks addiction 5. Like running in flippers.. Kwack Kwack Kwack..

Hope the orthotics work for you.. Keep up the gardening It helps those of us that lack the green thumb gene to stay aspired (sic).

Brendan

Carolyne said...

Love your blog.
It takes time to get used to orthoses, I've had mine for 13 years or so and it changed me from spending all my free time at the physio's and sports docs, to being injury free.
From severely pronating I now wear neutral shoes (Asics Nimbus) with the orthotics which work a treat.