I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Two-hour commute? no thank you

Headed out the door a bit earlier this morning at 6:20am to get a slightly longer run in. Running in the dark, on unlit, unsealed roads proved interesting, especially over the rough bits! Lucky I took a torch. Pity the batteries were nearly dead.

Man, I can't believe how much traffic was on the main road - why would people live in the Valley if they have to leave home before 7, just to get into the city by 8:30 - 9 o'clock. Work 'til 6, then spend another 2 hours on the road getting home again. No way.

Caught me by surprise, because I wanted to cross Warburton Hwy. Headlights coming in all directions. Ended up doing 5.6 kms - and reasonably slowly too. I wanted to stay out of Zone 5 on the HRM - not easy running hills.

No comments: