I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Friday, June 09, 2006

beedeleep!

Out in +2°C conditions for another Zone 3 trot this morning. Only the heart wasn't playing along. After a quick warmup walk, I'd taken about 2 steps when the HRM yelled at me to slow down. beedeleep! 171 bpm!! I slowed down. beedeleep! I stopped. beedeleep! Standing in the cold with my fingers on my pulse (definitely NOT at 171 bpm), with the HRM going nuts. I don't know if it was me - and why - or the HRM having a bad day. I started up again, and within a few steps the same thing happened. I gave up trying to reason with it, turned the alarm off, and kept to a slow trot as I headed east along the trail.

DistanceAvg paceAvg HR
7.6 km7:47 /km139 bpm (73%)

1 comment:

Spark Driver said...

Maybe the HRM was having its own heart trouble being outside at 2 degrees??