I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Calling Zone 2

I fully intended to surrender to the Doona Demon this morning, but as luck would have it, I was wide awake shortly after the alarm went off. Typical. So out I went. MINUS 0.2 degrees.

I've been following 2P's Heartrate Experiment with interest, as I think it's something that I should look into too. And I finally got around to reading Hadd. So this morning, I strapped on the HRM to see what I could do. I wanted to stay within Zone 2 (60%-70% Max HR).

Well, I had trouble. My normal walking pace is around 50%, and on 2 occasions when I trotted downhill at the start it shot up to Zone 4. The only time I could comfortably walk in Zone 2 was uphill. On the flat I had to walk too fast for comfort (even with the arm swinging thing going on) to even get out of Zone 1.

DistanceAvg paceAvg HR
6.6 km9:48/km116 bpm (61%)


No comments: