I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Monday, June 05, 2006

Mondayitis

This morning didn't happen. I'd given myself a dehydration headache yesterday, and tried to drown it with a bottle of Powerade late in the evening. But all that did was make me have to get up every few hours to relieve myself. And the thick layer of ice on the frog pond (-2.5° at 5:30am) was enough to send me back to bed for a final lie in after the alarm went off.

Knee is okay.
Head is (now) okay.

In more exciting news, I beat Jacqui by 2 places last Wednesday, and as my lowest was lower than her lowest (best 6 of 10 count), I am now 2 points ahead! But her lowest is now lower than my lowest, so she has a 1 point advantage going into Wednesday. Which means that I have to beat her by 2 points to retain first place.

And just in case you're thinking that this is something really special, it's not! Because I hadn't run Course B for 6 months, I got handicapped into the lowest division. And Jacqui had dog issues, so she was handicapped low as well. But comparing my current points total against the other divisions, I'd be 4th in the next division up, and lower mid-field in the one after that (no regard for age or gender, it's every man for himself). I'd rather get first and walk away with a coffee cup prize. :-)

No comments: