I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

CR Run: Menzies Ck to Belgrave

Sunday long wobble/Puffing Billy training

Urgh. In a word. A Very Crap Run - no energy, no legs, no nothing. And I know no one particularly cares, but I felt a bit uncomfortable having everyone wait for me at each stop too. It wasn't only the uphill bits, I just couldn't muster any enthusiasm for the downhill bits either.

Not sure why - the only real reason that I can think of is because I only had a couple of bread rolls for tea last night, and nothing but a lemon juice before setting out this morning. No fuel in the tank. I was wearing the camelback, with an emergency gel stashed in the pocket, so I ate that while walking up a particularly steep bit just outside Belgrave. I think it helped a little.

11.3 km

Brunch at Ripe cafe in Sassafrass - awesome hot chocolate (made with half a slab of Lindt dark chocolate and a lick of steamed milk) and pancakes. Yummy... except I then spent the afternoon remembering why I don't eat/drink cow food any more.

For the techheads in the group:

3 comments:

Sekhmet said...

Don't sweat it Louise, I have the ESRG Ausrunners wait for me at every single long run we do - you may have felt uncomfortable but I appreciated the rest and no one was worried about the wait. At least you still had a rest bit, whenever I catch up they start off again!!!

You did great today :)

Beki

Spark Driver said...

I really like that Motion based stuff. I think I'm starting to NEED a Garmin now.

It was a fast pace for me today as well. I probaly couldn't have done it without the breaks so thanks :-)

Anonymous said...

Some runs suck and that's all there is to it.
Let it go as just one of those days.
I'm with "sekmet", I bet the folks who waited for you were happy for the break!