I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Sunday, April 09, 2006

MTB-O @ Bell's Reef Extended

Mountainbike orienteering just west of Daylesford, through a forestry area. Most of the course was through pine plantations, on either gravel roads (boring and rough), or wide tracks through the plantings covered with pine needles (silent and kind of eerie), with some fun singletrack to finish off.

It was all about route choice today - the actual navigation was piss-easy, but the up-and-down steep hills sapped your energy. I'm too much of a wimp to go flat out downhill, and I used a lot of the lower gears going up (including walking gear at one point). So slow but steady. Nice sunny day too.

Course: 3 (Women's B)
Course length: 15.5 km
Actual distance: 14.4 km - I love it when I "beat" the course setter. :-)
Time taken: 1:16


The road across the top is A300 from Daylesford to Ballarat


Sunday wrap:

Weight71.3 kgs
Walking10.3 kms
Running14.8 kms
Cycling51.9 kms

1 comment:

Spark Driver said...

Sounded like a great Sunday out.