I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Middle Distance Champs

Middle Distance Champs @ Mount Korong

Horrible little course. Lots of hidden controls in amongst granite boulders and thick green stuff. Did okay up until control #16. No 15 was a bit dodgy, but I found it hidden in the next gully; and control #8 was a bit further away than where I expected; but #16 killed me. I couldn't relocate (identify where I was) in the rocks, granite slabs, and clearings - they all looked the same to me - and eventually decided that I'd had enough. Walked back towards the finish, and punched the last 2 controls on the way in. So, a DNF. :-(

On the up side, I found 17 out of 19 controls. There were a lot of people who gave up after only finding 5 controls over several hours.

Course: 4 (W35)
Course length: 4.0 km
Actual distance: 6.87 km
Time taken: 1:23

Overnight at a campground in Bendigo along with everyone else. Cold night - but toasty in my new -5-degree sleeping bag.


Vic Club Relays @ Fiddler's Green

Much more fun. Deb, Pam and I make up the "DROC Dead Gorgeous" W21B team - 3 legs of equal length and medium difficulty. Lovely open course with NO ROCKS! I barrelled around the course with no problems, except for maybe a 2-minute dislocation at control #7. I was the second-fastest on my leg - beaten by less than 60 seconds by a 15-year-old! Deb was also 2nd on her leg - beaten by a 75-year-old! Sheesh, not sure which is worse. We got 2nd overall. :-)

Course: 5 (W21B)
Course length: 2.7 km
Actual distance: 3.4 km
Time taken: 30 minutes


Weekly wrap:

Weight  denial is everything
Walking11.1 kms 
Running17.4 kms 
Cycling37.5 kms 

No comments: