I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Saturday, April 08, 2006

New Jeans

I pulled on my favourite pair of jeans, and was a bit surprised to notice how loose they were at the waist. So I grabbed my tape measure and my notebook. In the six months since I last performed this humiliating little ritual, I have lost 5 cm from my waist, 2.5 cm from my arse, and 4.5 cm from my thigh. And 3.8 kg.

This is not necessarily a good thing.

It means I need to buy new jeans (my second-favourite pair was already too big). And I HATE CLOTHES SHOPPING. Especially bottoms. All my good/work clothes are either home-sewn or bought through mailorder.

I have a "classic" hourglass figure - which worked well until I moved to Australia, where everyone has a more rectangular shape. So to fit jeans around my bum, I end up with a few spare inches in the waist. The last pair of jeans I bought, I had to take the waistband off and remove 5 INCHES from the waist. I really don't think I should be paying $70+ for something that doesn't fit - but there you have it. Jeans suck.

Anyway, I struck paydirt on my first stop, and found that Levis still do a "classic" jean (555) which I may be able to get away with just adding some elastic to pull the waist in.

I celebrated by going slightly mad in the bookshop.

Oh, and just to state the obvious - I didn't go rogaining, or orienteering at Bendigo. It was, in fact, an exercise-free day. Didn't get my hair done either.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ohhhhh I can SO sympathise!!! I hate clothes shopping for pants. I have the same waistband problem. And dresses?? Pfft I don't think so. Dresses aren't made for people with wide hips like mine!

And it's even worse over here in the US, I still have no idea what size I am over here!!