I'VE MOVED... over to http://mahinui.wordpress.com/. Please change your bookmark and/or Bloglines subscription, and follow me over. Subscribe with Bloglines

Monday, April 24, 2006

Tagged!

I've been tagged by Spark Driver

1. What time of day do you run?

Before breakfast if I'm on my own; Street-O in the evenings and/or Saturday afternoon; or bush orienteering on Sunday mornings.

2. What are your favorite runs?

Trail runs through Dandenong Ranges National Park when there's no one else around.

3. What is your favorite song to run to?

I don't run with music, so whatever is playing in my head at the time. Or nothing at all. Bird song - trying to identify which bird is making which sound. Magpies are way cool. Lyrebirds are always hard to pick.

4. What book are you reading at the moment?

Harry Potter! I had a supplier in Sydney (10yo son of a workmate), but haven't found anyone in Melbourne of the right age, so I caved in and bought the first 5 books last month. Halfway through Chamber of Secrets for about the 3rd time.

5. When did you start running?

August 2003 - I'd just moved to Melbourne from Sydney, and was determined that *this time* it (running) would work. I'd started before, and got injured or discouraged and found other things to do. Did my first Street Orienteering event in October 2003, and have been hooked ever since.

6. What's your post-race/post-run ritual?

Refuel, and compare notes on route choice. This process (the refuelling and the comparing) can last well into the evening on an "away" weekend, where there's no tv, and only a group of mad orienteers for company.

7. What do you eat before you run?

Nothing - I try to have an empty stomach when I go out. It seems to work best that way.

8. What's your favorite running accessory?

My Garmin Forerunner 301. I don't do anything clever with it - I use it mostly to measure distance. During an orienteering run, I will trip the lap counter at every control as this helps me lay my route onto the map afterwards.

9. What's your motivation for running? (or why you first started running)

Weight loss and fitness. They alternate - I look okay in street clothes, but I love the feeling of being fit and being able to run. And I'd get really bored sitting at home in front of the telly all day. :-)

10. What are your running shoes?

ASICS Nimbus. I'm onto my second pair (previously MC/Koji - long story), although I also have ASICS Eagle Trails and VJ Integrators (orienteering spikes) for the trail and off-trail stuff.

11. What is your next running goal?

To survive the next event! I don't have long-term goals, and my short-term ones consist of "participate and finish". There's something on every weekend over winter, so I'm never short of something to aim for.


I now tag Stillwater Heron.

No comments: